Thursday, December 22, 2011

10 Things I Love About My Girl

Listening to: the kids fighting upstairs to their iPod playing the Stray Cats. They are supposed to be cleaning their rooms.

Was just reading this article on the Business Insider website about being addicted to stress -- in which the author suggests a way to relieve some stress is to create a blog on Blogger (done) and do an entry titled "10 Things I Love About My Wife/Husband/Girlfriend/Boyfriend/Significant Other" or some such (current), which it says to fill with images from Google (but I can't figure out how to do it). So that is what I am doing right now -- they are in no particular order:
  1. She is a great mother. We have two (2) children, a girl & a boy, who could not be more loved, coddled and set upon a pedestal by their loving mum. Additionally, she looks out for their every need without spoiling them, too.
  2. She is a fair disciplinarian. Again, we have two (2) children, who are of a particularly rabunctious temperment. While I often quietly endure it until I snap and fly off the handle at them - she tends to be more understanding and on an even keel.
  3. She returned to college. While we have been together, I have encouraged her to return to higher education. She initially put it off, but finally returned and is excelling! Two (2) Associate's degrees and a full ride scholarship to work towards her Bachelor's degree.
  4. She let herself be inspired. To be fair, she was goaded into this one of her professor's this semester - and I helped a bit. But we convinced her to start her OWN blog,  http://colombianchingona.wordpress.com/. It's not on Blogger... but go read it anyway.
  5. She is Latina.  I have a real weakness for Hispanic ladies. Blame the over-abundance of corn-fed, milk-drinking (it does a body good) girls of spectacularly mid-European/Germanic lineage in my Ohio upbringing that made me susceptible to the forbidden fruit - but it's hot.
  6. She is not limiting herself with her higher education. This semester she was inspired by one of her professors (not the one who wanted her to write a blog) to take her education in a completely new direction! She may be changing her major - and it is EXCITING!
  7. She dares to dream! With her new idea about this new major came a new idea: the plan to move to a place where she has always wanted to live (well, maybe not always - but in the recent years that we have visited there). So we are on a two (2) year plan to be there. Exciting!
  8. She is hot!! I think she it totally hot (not just 'cause she's Latina, either) - and I am not the only one who thinks so. Everywhere we go there are guys (and more than a few girls) hitting on her, too - from compliments on her feet to guys blatantly trying to take her home. HAWT!
  9. She is caring. Yes, yes... she cares about me and such - but what I am referring to is how much she cares about other people in general. She's got friends and shyte who have, in my opinion, hardly any reason for her to consider them friends - but she cares about them and takes care of them.
  10. She likes to drink beer. That's right! My girl isn't one of those foo-foo drink girls who daintily sips Zima or some other sissy kind of malt beverage shyte -- oh, no! She like chugging beer (and the occasional hard liquor) - and not frou-frou beers, either. REAL beer
  11. Bonus: She is a demon in the sack. And in bed, the back seat of the car (front seat, too), back rooms, the shower, elevator cars, church parking lots, theaters, cabins, picnic tables, the great outdoors... and plenty of other places, too.
Understand this is not an complete list -- just the first ten (10) - er, 11... that came to mind. I love my girl - she puts up with a lot putting up with me. She amazes me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment