Wednesday, February 15, 2012

So they gave Chris Brown - really only famous for beating his then-girlfriend Rhianna, followed by being an additional douche - a Grammy award. It is not something that real people (the public) decide - it is a committee/organization works out about who gets what.


After receiving a Grammy at the ceremony the other night, he apparently tweeted some rude shyte after other celebrities tweeted their complaints about his win. Check out the article below, which details everything...


http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/02/chris-brown-responds-to-grammy-appearance-backlash/

As I read it - and I thought about what all happened... I read this comment in it - and realized that person is correct:
POSTED BY: DAVE | FEBRUARY 15, 2012, 11:56 AM 11:56 AM

"People forget he won a Grammy not a Humanitarian award. How many celebs have done wrong and gone on with their careers without penalty. Of course, I don’t condone what he did – that was a disgusting act – but he won for his merits as a musician – end of story. At least he paid the price for his crime.
Roman Polanski never served a day in jail for raping an underage girl. How many other celebs do far much worse and never pay for it. Not only is he allowed to continue his craft, he is constantly honored and rewarded for it.
He committed a crime, he paid the price. Same as Michael Vick. I doubt those two would ever repeat their actions. Rather than target them , target those who continue to commit crimes without fear.
"

I agree with this guy, Dave. But... THAT BEING SAID:
I am not financially supporting Chris Brown. Not buying his records or paying to see his shows. Just like Chick-fil-A (whose food I love, btw), I will not support what I see as immoral behavior. They can do what they like - but they will not have my money to continue their immorality. 



I feel the same way about the Philadelphia Eagles. I know that Michael Vick has served his time and paid his debt to society - but that doesn't mean I want to hang out with him. Or support the team that would hire him. That type of behavior is not something you get over just by serving some time.


And that is really the issue, isn't it? The United States Criminal Justice system is supposed to be about rehabilitation - but, unfortunately, the way the system is arranged, rehabilitation rarely happens. It is so rare that someone actually comes out reformed, that I do not believe we ever expect it any more.


I guess it is not much like Chick-fil-A, after all. They just give money to causes that I cannot support. They have not paid any debt to society or anything. It just comes down to if I cannot condone what someone does - I should make every effort NOT to support them in any way (including financially).


So Chick-fil-A will never get my money or support. Neither will the Philadelphia Eagles or Michael Vick. Especially not And neither will Chris Brown. Or Sean "Puffy/Puff Daddy/P Diddy" Combs. Or Burger Kind. F*ck all those guys, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment